Sunday, September 11, 2016

Blog challenge day 2: Discovering your WHY.

Discovering your "why", I believe, is the biggest challenge of becoming great and continuing to grow in mind, body, soul and success, and it's also necessary. For a while I was running around town, taking on every art job I could get my hands on, and my "why" was, "MONEYYYYY. Money, money, money. YAY!"

Well, that was all well and good when I was still trying to make a name for myself as a reliable and worthy artist, and all I had to worry about was rent. Then someone asked me, "What's your goal? Why do you want to do all of this?", and I felt like such a loser because I had no idea. I was surprised at the question and even more surprised that I had never thought it out, considering that I ask "why" about everything these days.

So I started to ponder the question, and I can't say I completely know exactly why today, but I have a better idea than I did 2 years ago, or even yesterday. It becomes clearer as the days go by because I'm no longer ignorant to the idea of a "why".

My "why" is (for now):

To have the mind, body, soul and financial freedom to go anywhere, say anything and do whatever I want at all times, without intentionally hurting anyone or breaking the law.


To have my "why", I must:

- Be at peace with my past.
- Love me for who I am.
- Enrich my mind with truthful and beneficial knowledge. Stay sane and grounded by whatever means necessary.
- Enrich my body with all things healthy.
- Enrich my soul with all things I love.
- Be kind to everyone. Unless they act up. That's how I feel today, that could change later. It will probably change later.
- Be honest.
- Give often.

Nowadays, when I'm having a first-time conversation with someone about what they do, my immediate wonder is their "why". Sometimes I ask and sometimes I don't. It depends on the type of person I'm talking to. Mainly because I remember when I didn't know my "why", I would get defensive, I guess out of fear, and I don't ever want to put someone in that position. Unless they're acting up. Jk.

It feels so good to know my "why", although I can still feel that I'm not 100% clear on it. That's ok though, there's still time.




This blog post is in response to Natalie’s 10 Day Freedom Plan Blog Challenge Day 1








No comments:

Post a Comment