Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Blog Challenge Day 5: Setting up your perfect work day.

As mentioned in a previous post, it's super hard for me to stay focused on one specific task for a long period of time. I get distracted with the most random things. It's pretty amazing. Well, Natalie Sisson, the one putting on this blog challenge, just described the Pomodoro Technique for getting stuff done. What it is is setting a timer for 25 minutes, only focusing on one task, not on the cat or the doorbell or your mom. When the timer goes off you can pet the cat or answer the door. Then do another 25 minutes. And so on.

I'll have to try it. I feel like when the timer goes off I would just proceed to do 52 minutes of random things wherever the wind takes me, as usual. 

Anyway, the challenge today is, setting up your perfect work day:

After all my morning me time is done, I'd catch up on e-mails and correspondence. Then I'd go visit whoever I needed to, business related. Then I would cozy up in my fave coffee shop and work for about 5 hours. I'm pretty sure working from home is my biggest distraction. The only problem with working at a coffee shop is that I pee a lot, so I would have to pack up my belongings every time I went to the bathroom. TMI. We'll save that for a later talk.

Goodnight, world.

This blog post is in response to Natalie’s 10 Day Freedom Plan Blog Challenge Day 5

No comments:

Post a Comment