Saturday, September 17, 2016

Blog Challenge Day 8: A fun day.

The challenge today was to go out and have fun. Unfortunately, I was not able to do that today. But what I can say is that I have fun days all the time. Sometimes they're not full days of fun, maybe half days of fun, or maybe it was a full day of work and a night of fun. Either way, I really appreciate the fact that I can work when I want to and not work when I don't want to. Before I start implying that my life is peachy all the time, let me let you in on the down side of this whole working for yourself scenario.

I was just talking to a friend about how I'm having a dry spell with work and how it brings me down a bit. He said that I have so much that is going right right now, such as just finishing my new website, going to school, not ever living beyond my means, and so forth. Which is great, it made me feel a lot better. But when I go through these dry spells (that are coming fewer and farther between, thankfully) it's not just about a slow down in income, it's definitely an ego check. When I'm slow, I'm not working, which makes me wonder why I'm not working, and then makes me wonder if that was it, am I done with this stream of luck in being a talented artist and business woman? Should I go get a day job now?!


Then I remember all the times that I had a slow time, and how I bounced right back eventually and with greater vengeance and enthusiasm, and it always gets better every time. But man, is it hard to go through, financially and mentally. I have to say that I'm much calmer about it now than I used to be though. I accredit that to experience and knowledge in this situation, in that if you work for yourself, especially just starting out, you're gonna go through it! 

So back to fun days... yeah I have 'em. Just not right now. :-P And although this life is so challenging at times, I would NEVER trade it for a steady paycheck. 

This blog post is in response to Natalie’s 10 Day Freedom Plan Blog Challenge Day 8



No comments:

Post a Comment