Friday, September 16, 2016

Blog Challenge Day 7: Choosing an imperfect action.

So today's challenge is choosing an imperfect action that will get you closer to the life you want, i.e. meditation, exercise, etc. When I say imperfect, it means although there's no concrete plan, or things aren't perfectly in place yet, you start working at your goals anyway, because things will fall into place. But what is that imperfect action that will help you to reach your goals?



I used to be so bad with my perfectionism that I would just not start anything, and I know so many perfectionists that are the exact same way. While I think that our work speaks wonders for our success, it sometimes can do the opposite, where one might never start anything because nothing is lined up perfectly. I know that when I felt that way, the idea seemed like it was just a giant list of to-do's except they weren't in a to-do list form, instead they were just scattered around in my brain like a game of 52 pick up, and I had no idea where to start! 



That leads me to my imperfect action, which is writing things down! If an idea comes into your head, write it down. If something's on your mind and won't leave it, write it down. If you don't know where to start, just start writing down everything you need to do, then number each item by relevance from start to finish and start ticking away at it. It's such a good feeling when you start to see this thing you have been building come together, when you start reaping the rewards for your list building and slow (or fast) progress toward completion of this imperfect project. 




This blog post is in response to Natalie’s 10 Day Freedom Plan Blog Challenge Day 7

No comments:

Post a Comment