Saturday, September 10, 2016

The start of a new blog and Day 1 of The Freedom Plan Blog Challenge

I'm finally starting a blog! All of this anticipation and careful strategy and waiting for the perfect moment and having no time, blah, blah, blah.

It's happening, and I'm pretty excited about it.

I'm a mural and logo designer/painter in St. Petersburg, FL, and for months I've been meaning to start a blog. Waiting for that perfect moment, and I think it's come along. I'm an avid listener of Podcasts. Actually, when I say avid, I mean I'm like obsessed. One of my favorites is Natalie Sisson's Suitcase Entrepreneur. She is an advocate for having the guts to start your own online business in order to possess the freedom to travel while working. More on my plans for work and travel in a future blog.

For now, let's talk about this challenge. Natalie is hosting a 10 blog challenge that includes some awesome prizes. I have to say that I didn't necessarily partake for the prizes, but more to just get my ass in gear already. What better excuse than to potentially win cool stuff?! So here's Day 1: Two of my biggest challenges in business.


1. Focus! If ever there was a girl with a tiny attention span, she would be me. I literally just realized about a week ago that this was what was driving me to the insanity that I just couldn't shake. I felt like I was on a downward slope, and just waiting for the bottom to drop out. I'd be working on a project for about 10 minutes, something else on my list of to-do's would pop in my head, and I'd go and do that for about 10 minutes, and on and on.

Finally, I took Oprah's advice and just sat with my thoughts, trying to figure it out. I then took a look at my planner and realized that I was actually planning my projects to cater to my ADD. Meaning I would schedule a 5 hour long project over a span of 5 days so that I wouldn't have to sit and do that project for 5 hours. ??????? Crazy! So my planner looked like a mad woman took over and my mind was reflecting that.

I just recently realized all of this, so I have to say, a solution is not necessarily in the works, but I've started planning projects in bulk instead of in piece-meal.


2. Overthinking EVERYTHING! As an artist, it's really hard not to. I mean, you're expected to perform, and the vision you have in your head is completely different from what they have in theirs. Bringing that vision together is key, and even after that's done, I still have a level of stress coming from, "What if they don't like it?". I have to say, so far in my career, I have yet to have someone dislike my work. But it will happen, and when it does, I just have to remember that you can't please everyone.

There it is! My first blog post on a cool platform. Yay!

If you have any advice, or feedback, I'd love to hear it! If you'd like to take part in this challenge, here's the info:



This blog post is in response to Natalie’s 10 Day Freedom Plan Blog Challenge Day 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment