Sunday, September 18, 2016

Blog Challenge Day 9: What does your work/leisure life look like on holidaaaaaaaay?!

Alright, alright, alright! Day 9, second to last day of this blog challenge!

This one is about my soon-to-be dream come true of traveling the world, due to a location independent work life. Everything I've been doing and planning for the past year or so has been to strategically position myself within the means to do so.

If I were to travel to a place where I'd be essentially living and working for a few months, what would my work/leisure balance look like?

I'm kind of hoping that I end up in Spain first. For some reason, when I think about learning another language, Spanish comes to mind. Not just any ol' Spanish, but specifically the medieval Castillian Spanish in Spain. Somethin' about it. Anyway, my work load would hopefully be reduced to about 5 hours a day, but knowing myself, that may not happen. Let's call it 7, 5 days a week. I would really truly give myself, for once, weekends off and enjoy the place I'm living. Learn that sexy ass Castillian Spanish like I was a local, and eat like one too.

I'm really looking forward to exploring new places, people and culture, and not hustling so hard to get to where I want to be. I have to stop and think though, will I be free of that when I leave, or will it be like that old saying, "you're just taking yourself with you" and will I always be chasing "getting to where I want to be"? We shall see!

Soul searching and mind deciphering are on the list of to-do's before I go.

This blog post is in response to Natalie’s 10 Day Freedom Plan Blog Challenge Day 9




No comments:

Post a Comment